Friday, July 22, 2011

Car Conversations

This was the conversation in the car today:

Cheyenne: "I just want to ask... Do you have a boyfriend?"

Me: "No, I don't have a boyfriend."

Cheyenne: "That's kinda sad."

Josh: "Cheyenne!!!"

Me: "Well, Cheyenne.. God just hasn't opened the door for that in my life right now. & I'd much rather have a boyfriend that I intend to spend the rest of my life with than someone I'd be in a relationship with just because."

Cheyenne: "Yeah, that's good. But you know, if you did have a boyfriend, you could tell us about him & then we could possibly meet him someday!"

Me: "Well, how about this... Why don't the three of us stay friends after this summer. We can stay in contact. I'd love to hear what you guys are up to. & then someday when I get a boyfriend I'll tell you about him, you can meet him, & then you can be friends with him as well. Deal?"

Josh & Cheyenne emphatically: "Yes! Deal."

This actually made me extremely happy. & I felt totally content with God's timing after having this conversation with the kids.

1 comment: